Saturday, April 24, 2010

Why doesn't IE find my Yahoo Home Page when I click it? How can I fix this?

When I click on IE the browser tries to find the Yahoo.com Home Page for me. However, many times, after being so slow, it just ends up saying "the server could not be found." I have cable, which is very fast. However, something is getting in the way of the connection. 10 times out of 20 that I try to connect I end up going to Tools-Internet Options-and to the Advamced tab to change something, anything, and for some reason it will then connect. By then, I've spent an hour or an hour and a half tickering with it. I'm running Windows 98SE, and IE 6.0+. I've scaned all of the c: drive for viruses and run a defrag on that drive also. When I went to my designation for my home page, it had some weird paths in it starting with "re//c://." Like it has somenow bypassed the c: drive. This was lodged onto my computer without my knowledge. I also found unknown sites substituted for my Yahoo home page. It hasn't come up in any of the "Windows" scans, but appears in the Yahoo address box.



Why doesn't IE find my Yahoo Home Page when I click it? How can I fix this?windows nt





Try setting your Advanced Properties back to 'Default', and copy %26amp; Paste this link [http://uk.yahoo.com/] to your Home Page (without www) Or try by 'Pasting' the address via the START menu ie. RUN. Good luck!



Why doesn't IE find my Yahoo Home Page when I click it? How can I fix this?windows 95 internet explorer



Go to internet options in ie. See the homepage there and change it to the one u want, including yahoo home page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
web hosting talk